Rapper Lil Wayne who confirmed he is epileptic in 2013 was reportedly hospitalized on Sunday after he was found unconscious in his hotel room.
The rapper apparently suffered at least one seizure in his hotel room in Chicago before he was found. He was transported to a hospital where he was admitted. The 34-year-old later suffered another seizure after arriving at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
The New Orleans-based rapper was set to perform on Sunday night at Drai’s Nightclub in Las Vegas. However, despite efforts to get the rapper discharged in time for the Las Vegas show, doctors recommended that he remains in the hospital for a few more days. This follows the multiple occurrences of Wayne suffering a seizure mid-flight.
As a result, a representative for Wayne confirmed to TMZ that the Vegas gig was canceled to allow the rapper a few days rest. Also, Las Vegas’ Drai Nightclub confirmed in a statement that Lil Wayne will not be able to perform as scheduled. “Due to unforeseen circumstances Lil Wayne will be canceling his previously scheduled performance,” Las Vegas’ Drai’s nightclub said in a statement Sunday.
“Our priority is the health and well-being of our artists. Everyone at Drai’s wishes Lil Wayne a speedy recovery during this time.” Rapper Lil Wayne was admitted to hospital in 2013 for his condition.
“I’m prone to seizures,” Wayne said at the time, months after he suffered a seizure aboard a private jet flight, which led to an emergency landing and a hospitalization in Texas.
“This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, y’all just never hear about them.”
In June 2016, Wayne’s private jet also made an emergency landing in Omaha, Nebraska after the rapper had a seizure during a Milwaukee-to-California flight. As a result, the rapper spent some time in the hospital following the incident.