Kgomotso Christopher is one of the talented actresses of our time. She fits in any kind of role easily like a glove and we adore having her on our screens. In addition to the fact that she is beautiful, she has talent that had put her keeping pace with famous actresses in South Africa. Here are 10 things you should know about her.
1. Kgomotso is a Kasi girl. The 38 year old actress grew up in Tembisa in the East Rand.
2. Kgomotso met her American husband Calvin Christopher during her first week at UCT and they have been together more than 15 years (married for 13).
3. She finished a Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Cape Town from 1998-2000 and upon graduation was awarded the Jules Kramer Award for Fine Arts. With this scholarship she pursued her postgraduate studies at Columbia University in New York
4. She has been working as an actress since she was in school. She wasn’t from a very rich background and needed to persue a degree that would guarantee employment upon graduation however she didn’t give that a chance to crash her plans of becoming an actress.
5. Kgomotso is best known for her starring roles as Nox Madondo, a disappointed wife with a cheating husband, in the e.tv show drama 4Play: Sex Tips for Girls; and as Katlego Sibeko on the SABC3 soapie Isidingo. She is presently starring in Scandal.
6. Despite the fact that she had such a significant role in Isidingo, Kgomotso left the soapie in order to spread her wings.
7. As fate will have it, she started idolizing Jerry Mofokeng from an early age and has once asked for his autograph. Now the two of them are co-starring in Scandal!!
8. Among her acting roles, Kgomotso has had guest roles in a number of television series including Madam & Eve, SOS and Backstage (all on e.tv) and on the SABC2 sitcom Moferefere Lenyalong. She has appeared in numerous theatre productions including Romeo & Juliet, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Hamlet and Dr. Faustus.
9. The talented actress is also multilingual. She is fluent in English, Afrikaans, seSotho and isiZulu. Not just a pretty face.
10. Kgomotso also have time for family. Last July she took her lovely family on vacation in Paris, and the photos made a field day on the internet.