The musician isn’t only your regular artist however a multifaceted artist who has managed to see success through different art forms.
15 Things You Didn’t Know About Sjava
1. He is originally from Kwazulu Natal, Bergville.
2. His real name is Jabulani Hadebe.
3. He is popularly known as Sjava ka Mnisi or just Sjava.
4. The Ambitious Entertainment artist has created jingles for Kilm, Jika Majika (#1 dance show in SA) and Psalted.
5. Sjava is a multifaceted artist who has acted on Generations, Zone 14, 7de laan, Soul City and the controversial Gugu no Andile.
6. The musician was even nominated for a SAFTA in 2009.
7. He was later chosen as part of the judging panel for the SAFTA Awards for 2 consecutive years.
8. Sjava released his debut single “Ekseni” in April 2016 and it got 200 000 downloads that same morning.
9. He isn’t only a vocalist however he can also spit bars.
10. Sjava has worked and been influenced by likes of of Boom Shaka, Soweto, Thandiswa Mazwai Ntando, Busi Mhlongo, Jabu Khanyile and Andy Sherman (Ireland), Wikki why – T (Germany)
11. The star always knew that he was going to be in entertainment since he was a kid.
12. Sjava first made an impression on his music fans when he was featured on the Ms Pruh’s song, Ameni, which also featured label mates Emtee and Fifi Cooper, among others. The song has since become one of the most played songs on radio.
13. Its music videos are rotated on all the television music channels. Now with the recently released 18-track debut album,Isinamuva, Sjava is carving a path as a solo artist, with warmly received singles such as Ekseni, Vura and his favourite, Gogo, a song he says summaries and captures his journey thus far.
14. Sjava doesn’t have a favourite song in that album, as each and every one of the songs on the album tells a story. However, the song Gogo, which is the last song on the album, truly summarises his journey iin the industry.
15. He has no second thoughts about his long road to fame.