South Africa is home to most gorgeous actresses in Africa and today, we look no further. 27-year-old South African TV personality and actress Buhle Samuels is best known for her character “Matshidiso Mofokeng” on SABC 2’s soap opera, Muvhango. Her charming cuddly face, beautiful smile, hot body and her talent, has made her a sensation to the acting industry.
Get to know more interesting facts about her that you probably didn’t know….
1. Buhle was born in the Soweto township of Johannesburg in the Gauteng province of South Africa.
2. Buhle has more than 14.3k followers on twitter and more than 58.3k followers on instagram.
3. Buhle Samuels is the youngest of two children; she has an older sister named Mbali Samuels.
4. Her mother is a nurse, “my mom is a nurse in Saudi Arabia and she is always listening to the news and she calls me to see if everything is okay. She stresses and worries more than me,”.
5. Buhle attends a dance fitness class to keep her body looking great. She documents her sessions on her Insta account.
6. It has been reported that she used to own a mobile beauty salon, “For a while Buhle owned a mobile beauty salon”, this is according to the same Cosmopolitan South Africa article.
7. Buhle Samuels previously hosted the breakfast show on Africa Magic, an M-Net owned channel available on DStv, “she began a gig as a breakfast show presenter on Africa Magic,” Cosmopolitan SA.
8. She shot to prominence in 2014 when she was cast as Matshidiso Mofokeng on the SABC 2 flagship soap opera, Muvhango, reportedly ahead of seasoned South African actresses and television personalities who had auditioned for the role to no success.
9. It has been reported that the producers of Muvhango had seen Buhle Samuels audition for the Lion King and thought she would be suitable for the role of Matshidiso.
“I was called by the producers because they had seen me audition for Lion King. I had three intense auditions before I finally got the role,” the Sunday World quoted.
10. In 2015 at the 2nd Annual Royalty Soapie Awards Buhle Samuels was nominated for “Best Newcomer” for her portrayal of Matshidiso Mofokeng on Muvhango, she however lost to Izak Davel who plays the role of Bradley Haines on SABC 3’s Isidingo.