Application Forms for Governments grant housing

This article is regularly updated. Please alert us to inaccuracies or omissions. Ground-Up is not the government and we are not responsible for what government does. Many people have been on waiting lists for decades, and we frequently receive allegations of corruption in the allocation of houses. While this information sheet will not make the housing process more efficient and fair, we hope that it will make you aware of what the policies are so you can exercise your rights.

The government houses people using the following projects:

  1. Government subsidy housing
  2. Community Residential Units
  3. Upgrading of Informal Settlements Programme
  4. Emergency Housing Programme
  5. Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme.
  6. Social Housing

To apply for any of these, you have to register with your municipality or provincial Department of Human Settlements. You will need to be over 18, and either a South African citizen with an identity book or card, or a foreign resident with a permanent residency permit. Different housing projects are designed for different incomes and so you may also have to provide proof of your monthly income.

Government housing assistance contact details

  1. Housing Enquiries Hotline: 0800 146 873
  2. Gauteng: 011 355 4000
  3. Western Cape: 079 769 1207 (Please Call Me)
  4. Eastern Cape: 043 711 9901/2/3
  5. KwaZulu Natal: 033 392 6400 or 033 3365300
  6. North West: 018 388 5403
  7. Limpopo: 015 284 5000
  8. Northern Cape: 053 830 9422
  9. Free State: 051 405 3883
  10. Mpumalanga: 013 766 6087
ALSO READ:  Kobe Bryant Dies in a Helicopter Crash

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.